transfer case lube

What to use in a 95 yj? it has a red fluid in it now, ATF?

thanks

Yeah. Owner's Manual says Mopar ATF (7176) or equivalent labelled Dexron II Mercon. Since there are no friction materials inside, I wouldn't go out of my way or pay a lot more to get Mopar ATF. The MT version takes 1.5 liters to change the fluid. The AT version takes 1.0 liters.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Dex III.