Transmission Woes too.

My transmission slips only in first gear and only when in drive. When leaving a stop light and in drive the transmission will slip in first gear. If I leave the same stop light in L1 it does not slip at all. What could be the trouble. I am hoping Modulator valve. BTW its a 95JGC with a 4.0.

Reply to
GTI

Throttle cable could be out of adjustment (but that's more for 1-2 and 2-3) Faulty valve body Faulty solinoid

(fluid overfill or underfill will do this)

Also bands that are out of adjustment will cause slipping.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III