Turn signal switch question-Cherokee

I have a dumb question. My 1988 Cherokee turn signal lever won't stay in position when turning right. It stays ok when turning left (yeah , I know, just make left hand turns). Other than that everything works fine. Anyway, do I need the plastic "cam" in the column under the steering wheel or do I need the combination wiper/dimmer/turn signal switch that the lever shoves into? I hope that I just need the cam because it's $10.00 as opposed to $100.00 for the combination switch. The parts places won't let you return electrical parts, so I can't buy both and return the one that I don't need. Thanks in advance for any help! Keith

Reply to
Keith Stelter

i dont know about the cherokee but I have had to replace the multi function switch on wranglers often they cost me 38 bucks and about 20 minute install!

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Is your steering wheel slightly crooked by any chance?

Mike

Keith Stelter wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Nope. It's perfectly straight. The car had this problem when I bought it a few months ago, and I'm just now getting around to fixing it. I had to take care of other more important things first, like changing over the cooling system, etc.

Reply to
Keith Stelter

Hey Mike,

you going to post a trip report on your labour day run? interested to see what I missed!

Reply to
Steve

I will, I am still getting the photos together, Steve took a pile. Physiotherapy beat/stretched the crap out of a couple muscles I didn't know I had this week, so I can't sit for long right now...

Mike

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hi Keith, It's the switch, usually it's the left side that breaks as we try to hold it working when the wheels are turned to the left in a dangerous position while waiting for the light:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Keith Stelter wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to