Turn signals inop, Front turns flash when I hit Brakes.

I have a 76 Jeep CJ7, Recently my turn signals stopped working, so I thought it was the flasher/relay. I replaced it. Still no turn signals. In addition, when I apply the brakes, the front turn signals/ parking lights illuminate with the brakes, so it looks like my brake lights go to the front and the rear. Any Suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
OldARMYJEEP

Most likely the bolts that hold the rear fixtures in place have gotten rusty. The brakes and signals ground through the fixture and the running lights ground through the harness. The brakes will steal grounds through the running lights and turn them on when theirs fails.

This happens lots when folks put brush guards on the lights because it moves the bolts to rusty spots.

Mike

Mike Romain

Got to be a melt down inside your turn signal switch, probably caused by a short usually in the wiring to the a trailer connections. Access will be similar to a GM:

and:
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

If the other 2 deas dont pan out..

Could it be light>I have a 76 Jeep CJ7, Recently my turn signals stopped working, so I

Reply to
djdave

It could also be a bad ground because all kinds of strange things can happen when a ground in panel area opens up.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I had the same exact problem, but on my 97 TJ. The signals worked ok, but the left signal would light up with the brake lights. A new turn signal switch solved the problem.

Reply to
97tjMike