Unused area near rear defrost

On the `04 TJ's, there's an unused square blank next to the rear defrost/wipers (and next to the Axle Lock toggle on Rubicons). Anyone know what options use this?

Reply to
Tony

twaldron

It is also for the GLH switch.

Reply to
HarryS

If you are not referring to one of the smaller switch blanks (Fog Lights, RW-Defroster, O/D on/off, or Axle-Lock for Rubis), there is a large, square, blank to the right of the switches about 3"x3" that is there for a Passenger side air-bag lockout. For some reason DC is not installing this keyed switch anymore on the newer models. I have no idea why not. My '04 Sahara has this blank as well.

Regards,

GK '79 CJ-5 '04 TJ - Sahara

Reply to
GK

Tony,

It's there so you can do this (or something like this):

Nathan Otis

VERY cool. Although I'd hate to lock that in the dash without proper venting! With 2plugs on that I'm sure it'd heat up quite well when both used.

sb

Reply to
SB

Yes, that's the blank I'm referring to. Thanks

Reply to
Tony