Update- multiple fuel pump failures

Sorry it took so long to get back with any more info about this.

If I failed to reply to anyone who had thoughts or suggestions, it was just an oversight on my part.

The second pump failure within 24 hours was probably not one. Absolutely no gas was getting to the carb, and based on past episodes, I just assumed it failed.

When I removed the hose at the inlet side of the carb filter, fuel came out of the filter. I took it off the outlet side, and fuel came out of the hose. But, still, the carb was dry.

I ordered a carb re-build kit, and a friend and I tore into it.

After putting it back on, the Jeep fired up after just a few seconds. It is now running better then it has for some time. I even found a suspected vacuum leak that I was never able to track down- a hard-to-get-to nut on a rear stud.

Bottom line- the first of the three pumps I replaced last week did fail. I don't think the second one did, and the third is working fine.

Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Retiredff