upgrade 2.5" lift kit for new 35" tires?

I'm looking for advice one the most economical way to increase my 2000 TJ's lift to fit 35" tires. Currently I have 33" tires with a 2.5" Rancho TJ Rockcrawler lift kit. This is a full kit with RS9000 adjustable shocks. It has the pitman arm, trackbars, control arms, etc....

My local 4 wheel parts store is telling me I have to start over with a

4 inch or more lift. But my lift is awesome (1100 on the flex scale), so I just want to see if I can boost it. I am thinking of a 1" body lift with 1.5" coil spring spacers. That's 2.5 inches extra clearence...... To eliminate drive line vibes (I don't have any currently) I would put on the 1" t-case lowering kit I never bothered to install with my kit, and ad a 1" motor mount lift. Does anybody think this will work? Thanks for the input!
Reply to
Lee

The Merg

It will probably work. You are better off to get a new 4" lift, but I have seen 35's on a TJ with no lift. They had to do a lot of fender trimming and push the rear axle back a bit.

Get the spacers, 1" body lift, and bushwhackers. I reccomend the 2" spacers.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

I forgot to mention that you'll need to get bar pin eliminators front and rear to add a little legnth to your shocks. If your track bars are adjustable you may be able to buy just a set of 4" springs. A 4" TJ RE lift is only $600, IIRC.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S