upper radiator-hose belt interference

Hi all,

After I put the onboard air in (york) I promissed myself I would take care of that almost belt-radiator hose problem.

The belt runs about 1/8" - 1/4" away from the radiator hose, and it is way too close I think (I always end up with some scuff marks and of course one of these days that is going to go wrong, probably when I am way out on a trail)

Does someone have an idea (part nmr) of another hose I could use ? I am looking for something that goes a bit further back with a bend and ends up in the same spot.

Here is a link to a picture of what I am looking at:

thanks,

Ron

Reply to
csdude

Flexible, and the outer metal corrugation will take abuse and maintain a bend.

Reply to
DougW

That looks like a good option too.

I was expecting an answer like, "hey try the lower radiator hose out of a J20" or something along those lines.

But I guess a stainless steel one would work (they are kinda expensive though)

Ron

Reply to
csdude

btw, The Haynes manual shows the oem hose, and that has two bends in it (and looks like it was made for CJ's that had AC) All aftermarket ones are the ones that have just one 90 degree bend in it.

Is the ID of the upper radiator hose is 2" on both ends ?

thanks,

Ron

Reply to
csdude