vibrating the whole jeep

Can someone please tell me what could be the problem When I stop at a light my 95 jeep cherokee vibrates really bad and seems to have a miss in it also, When I first start it, it also does the same thing, We changed the plugs, rotor, cap Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? Thanks JN

Reply to
jnicolazzo

Vibration may equal vibration damper may be a good place to start.

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

jnicolazzo did pass the time by typing:

Lots of things but let's start with a quick list.

Did you check the plugs?

Pull the codes

Check the engine mounts for smileys. Bad mounts will cause vibrations out the wazoo. And around the wazoo too.
Clean your throttle body IAP
How's your fuel filter?

How old is your catalytic converter?

Unplug and re-plug the Camshaft Position Sensor and Crankshaft Position Sensor plugs.

DougW

I'm for plug wires. Those on my '95 Wrangler quit last fall too. Nothing lasts forever. I figure the plasticizer in the insulation or the boots has about ten years of useful life in it. Replace them now before the miss gets really bad, turns into a backfire, and blows your exhaust system off. (It sounded cool. Thanks for asking.)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Motor mounts too. KH