Vibration?

I've tried to get some feedback for this on dif newsgroups, but this one seems the most active, so here goes.

On my 94 Cherokee 4.0 I have this odd problem that only happens when I first start off on any given drive. Seems that within the first 10 to 15 feet of forward drive I'll hear and feel this small thump, or vibration from under the left front. Once I had my foot resting lightly on the brake and the pedal seems to get rock hard when this happens. It's only for an instant, then goes away for the rest of the drive. Turn off the truck, start off again and same problem. Doesn't matter cold engine or warm. Doesn't matter 4wd or not, I still get it. I don't notice any probs when driving, but you never know...

Anyone with an idea? Maybe the ABS? Braking is fine during drive time.

-Mike

Reply to
masterbiscuit

It sounds like the normal ABS test it cycles through each time the Jeep is first started and driven. It takes long enough that you can usually feel it as you first drive off.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks Jerry I feel a little better now. Didn't want to think there was a big problem in there. I did try the on off on off on test last night, and only got code 55. So I'm presuming there's no major issues going on with the thing.

Appreciate the reply Mike, N2OX

Reply to
masterbiscuit