Wagoneer Vacuum lines to Heater Control

My 84 GW heater does not blow defrost air, although the heater itself works fine. I believe it is not responding to the defroster button switch. I suspect that I have mis-connected the vacuum lines to the side of the heater control box. Does anyone have a diagram of how the color-coded vac lines are supposed to be connected?

Thanks!

Randall Brink

Reply to
randallbrink

Dunno if this will help you, but you can try this:

Page 13 of the PDF has an "Air Conditioning Control System Vacuum Schematic" -- but it is a scan from the 1988 Cherokee manual, not your `84 GW.

Just in case you can't open PDFs, it says that Green should run from the end cap of the defrost door motor and go to port 6 on the switch. Port

5 should be plugged. Blue should run from the side of the door motor and go to port 4 on the switch.

I got it from the last message in this thread in a Full Size Jeep forum:

Sounds like you've got an /adventure/ on your hands with the GW, Randall. Good luck.

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Lee:

This set of diagrams, plus your advice, is exactly what I needed to sort out the functions of the vacuum on the heater control box.

Many thanks!

Randall

Reply to
randallbrink

Glad it worked out for you. Thanks very much for getting back to the group and letting us know.