water leak into footwell 97 wrangler

Looking for a solution to water in the passenger footwell problem, . Not sure if the water is from the cowel vents or some other source. Just picked up this 97 wrangler, and getting lots of water on rainy days in passenger footwell. Thanks

zac

Reply to
zac

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Also bad door seal. If the cowl drain, it exits at the rear of the engine bay - rod it out with some welding wire.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Perhaps where it is always sunny. Here that invites rust....

Dave Milne

I was going to say, mine must be a REAL REAL jeep since the holes in my floor are large enough that if you drop something you can watch it bounce down the road behind you. :) Well I guess that problem is fixed now that I welded in new floor boards

Reply to
Rusted

Thanks guys, I climbed onto the cowel, and rodded out that drain. Didn't see too much debris dislodge, but hoping that's the solution. Looks like the most logical in my case. Let you know the next time it rains :-) thanks much again,

Have a sunny day

Zac

Reply to
zac

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
mic canic

Mine has the door seal problem. When it rains and i'm sitting still I can watch it drip in at the bottom of the door frame. Plus my soft upper door will fill with water in the bottom seam too. All this is on the passenger side in my 97 TJ. Luckily my Husky liners just reach over far enough to catch the drip. Draining those without dumping it on the floor is a real joy though. At one point it didn't even catch it all, and I had to pull the drain plug to let 2 inches of standing water drain out. That was after a record rainfall though.

Shawn

Endo

Common problem...can't believe all these replies and no one hit the real source! Check the heater box firewall seal right after you see water on the passenger floor...it will be wet! Remove the battery to access and use plenty of silicone sealer. NovaTJ

Reply to
gbray