weird - no posts since 12/2014

happen to notice that our NNTP server doesn't have anything for this group since 12/2014 -

Reply to
ps56k

Probably. This group is fairly slow these days. Most folks are on forums and the number of us that actually know which end of BFH to use are getting thinner and thinner.

Reply to
DougW

Can't believe my last post was 4/15/13. But the Jeep's doing just fine and nuthin' needs fixin'. I just worry that when something DOES go wrong, I'll come back here and nobody will BE here.

Reply to
HeBeJeepN

Probably. The kiddos these days don't seem to know how to fix anything. Although there are few where I work that do listen to the ol geezer when he tells them how to fix something and walk away with tools for less than the stealership cost.

My Heep got a "wee bit bent" on the rear "subframe" and started loosing some of the clearcoat, but apart from that it still runs. At this point I no longer care about rockrash. :)

My Jeep is old enough to legally drink in this state!

Reply to
DougW

My old 89 Renix is still plugging away with either a bad cam or a couple bad lifters either of which I will be fixing this summer.

I'm still plugging away with a couple new shiny stents put in just before my birthday (2-20), which resulted in the cardiologist telling me I need to "take it easier" since I went 10 years over due for the stents before having the ticker act up.

So I sold my 12 foot yacht (1973 Mirrocraft 12' aluminum boat and trailer) and I need to find one of those small 4X8 utility trailers to haul my wood dinghy that I'm gonna build.

Other than that life has been average here in the foothills of the Rockies.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Good to see you guys are still around. I check the postings about everyday to see if there is any more sage advice on keeping the old CJ running. The manuals simply don't have all the answers and it takes real world experience to keep the rest of us running. Thanks!

Reply to
MtnRgr

Hey, DOC! just wrap that sucker in ductape and hurry up. Don't want to miss happy hour.

I fish from the shore/dam/bridge. My rubberfloatydonut sprung a leak and tried to drag me under.

Reply to
DougW

A buddy of mine many moons ago tried to fish for Blue Catfish from one of those back in Indiana ... but the first cat he hooked was bigger than the belly boat and dragged him on the fresh water equivalent to a "Nantucket Sleigh Ride"(whaling dory being dragged by a whale).

I handed the cardiologist my old beat up roll of genuine WalMart "Duck Tape" and he tried to toss it in the trash. Darn near gave me another heart attack trying to get past the RN to rescue it.

Darn city slickers don't know Jeeps run on gas, oil, water and duck tape.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran