Weird noise when turning right - 90 XJ Cherokee

I just put the pro comp 3" lift on last night and i noticed little noises all over, But the one that really caught my eye was when i turned right going semi fast it would make a really loud grinding noise i could feel it in the steering kinda and on the floorboard?

Its only when i turn right and it sounds like metal, I do not have big tires yet just the stock ones.

Kit came with

FRONT: Springs Lower control arms shocks track bar drop bracket

REAR: Ad a leaf blocks shocks u bolts

I also removed the sway bar to try to eliminate the problem no luck.

Reply to
Nick.DC2

Sounds like your tires are rubbing. What size tires are you running?

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Tires are one size bigger then the factory ones they are not big at all. and its not a hard right just turning right while driving.

Reply to
Nick.DC2

One size bigger than factory doesn't tell me much. What is the size written on the side? Try turning the wheels to right with the Jeep stopped. See what's close to hitting.

Also make sure all the bolts are tight.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Sounds like you have an interferance with the wheel or rotor against the new arms. crawl under and look for some fresh metal shavings and shiny spots a few inches back on the right side.

Another potential is that you disturbed your RHS U-jo> I just put the pro comp 3" lift on last night and i noticed little

Reply to
RoyJ

Thanks guys for your help, I will take a look at it a little bit later when i get off work, thats why i don't know the tire size off hand.

also the RHS U joint could it be the LHS as well, I don't see any shiny marks on the LCA's also

Reply to
Nick.DC2

Hey royj what is the best way to check that? My steering wheel is not centered anymore since i lifted, you think if i adjust that back it might go away? ?

Reply to
Nick.DC2

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III