well that worked like a charm :/

note: if you have to glue up the plastic fiddly bits JB weld will not hold on some plastics. Generally I get good results with the stuff, but not this time.

Tried a bit on the AC knob and it hardens well, just doesn't stick. Got to be the type of plastic. The only two that JB doesn't stick to are Polypropylene and Polyethylene. So it's got to be Polypropylene. The other is plastic sheeting stuff.

Oh well, off to get some 3M epoxy for polypropylene.

Reply to
DougW

Try Gorilla Glue, that stuff is pretty amazing. It sticks things together like iron that nothing else I tried worked on. Plastics, metal, ceramics, wood, etc.

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I've used Gorilla Glue on plastic and it worked well. The repair is ugly because it "foams' as it cures but holds tenaciously.

Make sure you do not get it on your skin as it will stay until that layer of skin sloughs off.

Reply to
billy ray

billy ray did pass the time by typing:

That should be ok because it's on the backside of the knob. A bit of masking tape should keep things "clean".

I've got an angle grinder and brush wheel that can take anything off skin. :]

Thanks

Reply to
DougW

Snow did pass the time by typing:

Well, I picked up some gorilla glue and cut some tin from a Guinness can to act as backing/reinforcement. It's all glued up and curing. We will see if it works.

If not, then it was fun.

Reply to
DougW

DougW did pass the time by typing:

All fixored!

Glued a few other fiddly bits together and boy does that stuff hold.

Think I'm gonna take it to work and glue a quarter to one of the parking blocks. :) Purely for scientific research mind you.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Jerry Bransford