what to do with old tranny?

Hi all,

Just before I sold my 97 TJ last year the 5 speed tranny went out. Seems the second gear cluster ate itself. I had my mechanic replace the tranny with a used one and then promptly sold the TJ money pit.

I have the old tranny sitting in a rubbermaid container in the backyard and have no use for it.

What should I do with it? Does anyone have a use for it? I am tired of moving it around.

P.S. I miss my jeeping days and the new MiNi doesn't cut the mustard for me. SO, I am going to buy a 99-00 GC laredo, any recommendations or things to look out for? I plan on purchasing this truck in the next two months. So any help is appreciated.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Josh P. Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Reply to
Josh Piela

The '99s had a bit of the first year teething problems so of the two I would look for an '00 Laredo I-6 Selec-Trac for usability, convenience, strength, and comfort.

Reply to
billy ray

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:55:14 -0400 in , "Josh Piela" graced the world with this thought:

Hope this helps

bizbee

Now you'll get R. Lander all pissed off .

Seriously, if noting else put it on ebay, someone must need one... nuts if it could be put in a Studebaker I could use it!

Jeff DeWitt

bizbee wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Seeing how you live in the great white North of the Nickel Belt aswell as a salt from what I remember from my days as a courier driver (my main area was the Bay out to Mattawa, but also had to cover missed deliveries to Sudbury). I would suggest you take a close look at the floor and rocker panels if it has running boards. as even by the 99 model year those week spots still existed.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Is this transmission from a four cylinder TJ, or a six cylinder? Someone might buy it, if they knew which model transmission it was.

If you bought that GC in New Mexico or Arizona, you would have a better chance of getting one rust free. We bought our most recent used car in NM, but it is only a hundred miles from here.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Well, considering that it's the only transmission that will bolt up to my

2.5 liter AMC engine, maybe. It sounds like junk "second gear cluster ate itself", but maybe it's rebuildable junk.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Unfortunately it's a T-86 and I've had it out more times than I care to remember.

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Aw, just leave him alone I guess; Bill Hughes has enough problems as it is.

Reply to
Claude Horribly

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Sorry,

The specifics of the transmission are:

97 jeep tj 4.0 straight six 5 speed manual trans, that ate itself If anyone wants it, come get it for only a small charge. Located in lovely Northern Ontario, Canada!

Thanks! Josh P.

Reply to
Josh Piela

In article , Josh Piela wrote: #P.S. I miss my jeeping days and the new MiNi doesn't cut the mustard for #me. SO, I am going to buy a 99-00 GC laredo, any recommendations or things #to look out for? I plan on purchasing this truck in the next two months. #So any help is appreciated. You may want to check out the TSBs for the WJ line to see which years you want to stay away from.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong