Whats in my 95 YJ

Greetings.

I have a 95 Sahara. NP 231, Dana 35 and 30. Would this be a stock set up or were there other options on the 95. I am assuming I have open diffs, but really don't know. It has a hitch on it, but I don't know if it was part of a tow package, or aftermarket. Could someone enlighten me?

Thank you,

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Pretty sure this was how every YJ was set up.

Probably. Was limited slip even an option for YJs?

Contact Jeep using the link below, give them your VIN, and ask for a build sheet for your Jeep:

That'll give you a list of everything your Jeep originally came equipped from the factory with, but won't include any dealer-installed extras.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Thank you very much. Have a great day.

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

They can have a Trac-Loc, either factory or dealer-installed. While a Trac-Loc limits slip enough to get you into trouble on icy roads, it will slip in uneven traction situations, making it less than ideal as an automatic locker. When that happens, application of the brakes will stop the free-spinning wheel and restore traction. The Trac-Loc is good because it does not void the factory warranty, even if dealer installed, and will have less of a tendency to break the fragile Dana 35c axle. It is less than optimal because it is not a real locker and requires more frequent axle fluid changes with a special additive. It can be made to limit slip more firmly by the addition of another clutch disc pair.

Cheers,

Earle

equipped

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks Earle!

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Hey Earle, you mean "get you out of trouble on icy roads"?

Reply to
jerryg

Nope, meant what I said, heh. If you're not going sideways, you probably don't have one.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton