wheel bearing costs

has anyone found a good cheap wheel bearing for the front axles on the xj's

Reply to
mr.som ting wong

You get what you pay for. At $350.00 labour per side to change inner front axle bearings, 'I' would pay for the 'best' ones I could find, same for the seals.

As far as the hub bearings go, same deal. They are sealed units that only come with a hub. The 'machine shop' labour to replace these would run more than even expensive bearings cost.

If cheap hub bearings fail, your front wheel simply falls off. No thanks, it isn't fun at all to have a front wheel fall off at 60 mph....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain