Wheel Spacers

1.25" on each side to enable the use of a little bigger tire. Any of you fellers using them? What's your experience on the whole thing and opinions of course. Good, bad, indifferent, brands?

Thanks

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I have 2" per side on my CJ, made a huge difference in handling and off camber confidence. Some say it's hard on bearings and such, but I only drive mine on the trail, so not a lot of mileage. You didn't mention your vehicle model; I use them to get close to the width of a wide track CJ or normal YJ. If just for bigger tires... maybe a lift and/or back spacing change would be better. I don't recall the brand I have, but have not had any problems with the spacers.

Reply to
JimG

Hey Jim, Sorry, thought the whole group knew, I am the one driving the "Chick Jeep" its an 05 Liberty.

I am planning a 2.5" lift as soon as I can and tires at the same time. I wanted the width to give her a little stronger footprint. She is my daily driver. I will research the bearings issue just to be sure. I was a little concerned with "woller" in the aluminum. After a time, them getting loose around the bolts and developing stress cracks.

Thank you for your input!

KJK

: > Thanks : >

: > Kate : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Hi Kate,

I have not seen any loosening or cracks; important to torque the bolts just like aluminum rims. It's always a good idea to mention your vehicle, for occasional dwellers like me!

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Kate, as long as you know your are adding some stress to your bearings you will know to keep an eye and ear out for bearing wear/noise.

What size are you considering, 31s?

Reply to
billy ray

To tell the truth ... I am not sure just yet. I went to the off road shop looking at lifts and talked to the guys there who knows nearly NOTHING about Libbys, recommended a 3" lift to my husband. A 3" is too much, 2.5 is the best bet at this point according to my research. But then I went to the tire shop to look around and a young fella there showed me some choices and took one out to look at it next to the jeep. It looked a good size, but I was more interested in the tread pattern at that time than the size. I want it to look nice sure, but I also want the best grip for the least amount of noise and vibration that I can get. I posted a thread about the two tires I was looking at but didn't get anything back on it. Thought I would bug the guys n dolls in the KJ forums and see what they have to say about their tires.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Goodyear MT/R's are awesome. Check out