Where's my HORN???

OK, I have scoured my XJ (1992 Cherokee Laredo 4 door) and cannot locate the horn. NO, not the horn button on the steering wheel, the HORN - you know, the thing that makes the HOOOOOONK sound???

The few books available on this Jeep do not tell you the physical location.

If you know where it SHOULD be, please reply via email.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
SquiddlieDiddly

On 19 Aug 2006 12:00:06 -0700 in , "SquiddlieDiddly" graced the world with this thought:

Why don't you have someone blow it while you stand there with the hood open?

Reply to
bizbee

just watch the proximity of

1) the back of your head 2) the hood latch

:)

IIRC they are behind the front grill to the side of the radiator. Sometimes under, crawl under, look up behind the bumper by where the battery is.

Reply to
DougW

I'm guessing that it doesn't make a sound, that's why he wants to find it.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

It SHOULD be in the front, in the area of the head lamps.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I think with some folks they should mount it in the drivers headrest. :)

OBTW... Putting email in a Usenet post is an excellent way of getting lots of spam. :( And I doubt V1agr@ will help him find his horn. (unless he's Brittish) :D

*running very very fast*
Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Bill, Except for me, you are one of the more prolific idiots on Usenet.

I assume you know what prolific means. I could 'splain it to you, but that would make you more of an idiot than I am.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

If we're going _there_, let me just say that I think that all car alarms should come with shock collars. Failure of the owner to not wear the collar would be a felony.

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

somebody stop me... this is a gimmie too good to resist....

(holding her naughty tongue and clicking 'send'

Kate

Reply to
Kate

AGH!!!!!!!!

If you get HORNey enough, it'll jump right out at you!

Reply to
Kate

On the newer XJs it is behind the bumper near the radiator frame brace.

You have to remove the splash shield to access it.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

sounds like a man with some experience removing 'splash shields'

heh heh heh

Reply to
Kate

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:56:34 -0500 in , "DougW" graced the world with this thought:

Yeah, I think I'd stand back a bit until I knew what to expect!

Reply to
bizbee

City people come up here into the mountains and set the alarm while paying for gas at a pump-first station.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man proclaimed:

You folks trying to engage them in a banjo duel or some such?

Reply to
Lon

You all are killing me - this group is GREAT!

To cover all the bases; Nope, the horn don't honk, thus the search... Rabbits + prolific = more targets ;-) Love the shock collar idea for alarms - 80% of my neighbors would get zapped every time a Harley comes by - STOOPID people set the sensitivity too high... One person sent me the manual pages from his XJ that describes the horn, troubleshooting, etc. - THANK YOU!!! I have not located it yet - been busy with another project

- but, the horns work!!!

Thanks to all!!! As soon as I find the horn, I will give you a little honk...

~TAZ

L> Stupendous Man proclaimed:

Reply to
SquiddlieDiddly

nah....... that's women's work....

Reply to
billy ray

No, my Banjo is in pieces waiting for reassembly. Treat visiting city folk as if they have personal integrity and it throws them off, like they think it's a trap of some kind.

Reply to
Stupendous Man