Which is a better XJ, 2000 or 2001?

I just sold my beloved '96 XJ, and I'd like to replace it with a newer XJ, such as a low-mileage 2001, same great style as my 1996, but with more up-to-date features.

This will be a daily driver, not often off-road, just occasionally on the beach and the sandy backroads here in Central Florida.

My basic questions are 1) Which is a better XJ, 2000 or 2001, 2) Did one year have more problems than the other?

Looking forward to thoughts from the Jeep experts here!

Reply to
F. T. Speak