Will a narrow track CJ7 steering shock fit a wide track CJ7?

Will a narrow track CJ7 steering shock fit a wide track CJ7?

I am picking up some badly needed parts for my CJ7 and have a bead on a dual shock steering stabilizer setup from a 80 narrow track and want to know if it will fit before I buy.

I got a new steering shaft and figure the dual shocks would be nice with my 33's seeing as I have none on there now.

Thanks,

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

What kind of measurements do you need Mike? I have my 81 CJ, narrow, and now my donor frame 86 CJ, wide, so I can go out and measure both wherever you need. Greg

Reply to
Greg

Thanks, I was mostly thinking travel to make sure the shocks aren't too short or long.

I have my steering column apart right now so I can't take a full right and full left measurement. Ruddy shaft doesn't want to release at either end, got it soaking in PB Blaster. Grrrr...

Gotta get it fixed, my wife wants to go bush camping for a few days come Sunday.

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain