Will a RE 3.5 lift void my warranty?

I bought a 2002 TJ in May 2006 and took an extended warranty good to

163,000 km. Will the lift kit void any part of that?
Reply to
Thoth1126

FrankW

You're absolutely right. My heater core went, and leaked all over the passenger side and they said "Sorry sir cooling and heating system not covered under warranty" B@stards. $2300 for what? plus a $100 deductible. When the sway bar link cracked (my fault) i didnt even bother with them, - i did it myself. The only thing that sold me on their plan was this power-sentence the salesman hit me with: "If your 4x4 goes in a year or two that's $2400 to fix" He knew that alone would sell the warranty to a 30 year old "trying to be responsible" guy.

FrankW wrote:

Reply to
Thoth1126

It might. There is an act in the US that says they have to prove the lift is at fault for the damage which is pretty easy if it is drivetrain damage, but not for other things like say the radiator....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I bought a 2002 TJ in May 2006 and took an extended warranty good to
Reply to
Mike Romain

My main concerns are the tranny, transfer case, and diffs

Mike Roma> It might. There is an act in the US that says they have to prove the

Reply to
Thoth1126

The chances of a new vehicle going this bad in a year or two with normal use and maintenance are minuscule. If it does write the manufacturer a letter, saying that this sort of catastrophic failure is unacceptable, and they may fix whatever is wrong with it. If not, never buy a vehicle of that make again. Add up all your collision/comprehensive insurance and warranty payments, and see what it is costing you to be "responsible".

My neighbor with the Lexis engine failure got a new engine without having an extended warranty. At first they tried to say it was his fault, but he had receipts and had always taken the vehicle to the same mechanic, who wrote a letter saying all required work had been done. Then it turned out there was a "problem" with that model.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

They could easily argue larger tires wrecked the diffs or even the other hard parts in there I would want to bet....

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Yes your warranty will probably be voided on those parts. Just keep your stock springs and control arms and if you have a big problem with any of the compenents, switch your suspension back. Swapping springs in a TJ only takes

30 minutes anyway.

Carl

Reply to
Carl