will an 86 cj7 hardtop fit on the back of a nissan frontier truck?

thinking about buying a hard top and wanted to know if it's transportable using a normal pickup truck. thanks for any advice!

Reply to
serg

A CJ-7 hard top is about 5' wide and 6.5' long... now you tell us. Worse case you could flip it over, and have one top edge down in the bed assuming you are not going far.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
twaldron

thanks man! i'm assuming you had it upside down with one the top sitting on one of the sides right? that should work.

Reply to
serg

nah, i think it can make it....

Reply to
serg

that's what i was thinking about doing....i'll have to tie it down really well then. thanks

Reply to
serg

I wish I'd taken a picture. It was actually a TJ top, but the fit in the bed would be the same effect. I did NOT have it upside down.

I tried every which-way, but the positi> thanks man! i'm assuming you had it upside down with one the top sitting on

Reply to
twaldron

hmm...i'll give that some thought. thanks for the help.

Reply to
serg

I have a CJ7 hardtop on the side of my house I wish someone would steal! Heck, for $150 extra I'll toss in the rust free full steel doors.....

Reply to
Ted

And you live where?

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

South of Houston Texas in League City.

Reply to
Ted

To far for me... I'm in West Virginia.

Reply to
JimG

Ted where do you live I might be able to take the door's off your hand's for that price.

Jimmie; In Iowa..

Reply to
CJimmie in Iowa