windshield hinge light bracket wiring

Ok, put the new Warn bumper and winch on and took the KC Titaniums off the bumper. Bought the windshield hinge brackets to remount the off road lights. Nowhere does anyone give a hint at wiring options. All the pictures I've found show the lights on the brackets but NO wires.. nice demo ware. Do I drill through the windshield frame? drill through the top of the firewall? snake the wires through the door jamb? any experience/recommendations?

thanks Rich

Reply to
rmezirka

L.W.(ßill)

There are 2 problems, the first is that the bolts holding on the windshield hing have lock tight on them and you will strip them. There is 1 bolt that is almost impossible to get off. If you think you can just unscrew them you are in for a surprise.

I put the wiring through the windshield, it looks nicer and cleaner. If you have a soft top on, lowering the windshield is easy, otherwise you have to unbolt the hardtop and slip it back. I used some black plastic wire casing, but you must be careful that when you put the wire under the windshield and put the windshield back up that the wires do not get chrushed, they could short out on the frame. Make sure you test for a short before you start the engine otherwise you will have a nasty surprise!

Reply to
Snowboardripper