Winter Wiper Blades

Time for my continuing search for winter wiper blades for my 2003 TJ. The Jeep dealer doesn't carry 13" winter blades and the local parts stores don't either. I tried to get them last winter and struck out. Any body got an online source? Frank Sawin

Reply to
FSawin

You know it's the strangest damn thing and I have no clue where it appeared form, but there is a 13" winter blade sitting in the corner of my shop desk.

All it says on it is U.S.A. and the word 'press'. It is the type that uses a pin inserted into the center side with a press clip holding it.

I have no idea how old the sucker is or what it fits onto either.

I am in Canada so someone sells the things, maybe Canadian Tire....

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
FrankW

I've seen them at Cambodian Tire, Wally mart. Car Quest and Parts Source can order them (if they don't stock them at a given location).

I'm sure that Napa,pep boys or AutoZone in the States can get them as well.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Imho, the winter blades that I have used are just standard blades, with a rubber cover. The "business end" of the blade isn't any different. What I am trying to say, is that if you don't find winter blades, don't sweat it. The "summer" blades will work just as well, except that they may get some more ice and snow build up. If I had a choice between high quality standard blades, and unknown brand winter blades...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Someone told me that the rubber used for the wiper(business end) is softer due to colder temperatures. Not sure if that's true though.

Earle Hort> Imho, the winter blades that I have used are just standard blades, with a

Reply to
FrankW

It had to be a parts counter person. They will say anything. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
FrankW

I bought Anco winter blades in 13 inch last year here in NY at Advanced Auto right off the shelf.

Les Wiedrick

2001 TJ
Reply to
Les

Where are you located? I know that the Monro Muffler chain carries them in stock.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Google for and you should see a few (relevant) hits. Price is usually $6-8 a piece. I like the Anco because the connector doesn't need an adapter (the NAPA/Trico versions I have seen are made for the "pin" style connector and use a clunky adapter to work on the new style wiper arm).

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin G

FSawin proclaimed:

J. C. Whitney. Has 12 and 13 inch blade assemblies for Jeeps. The Silicone models are available in colors if you wish.

Reply to
Lon

Our winters here in the Sierras are more wet than cold, we seldom see below

19 and it gets over 32 most every day. My experience with rubber-covered blades is that they crack and allow water in, it freezes, and the wiper then is useless unless you flex them before use. Maybe where its sub-zero and dry they might work better?
Reply to
Stupendous Man

Earle: The summer blades load up with snow and ice big time in the housing. This makes the blade non-flexible and results in the blade no longer making proper contact with the windshield. I am looking for a quality brand name 13" winter wiper blade, doesn't seem to be available over the counter around here for some reason. There are plently of Jeeps around here too (greater Boston), seems like an opportunity. Frank Sawin

Reply to
FSawin

I reside in a small town, 12 miles northwest of Boston, Massachusetts. Thanks for the lead, I think I have seen Monro Muffler around here and will check it out. Frank Sawin

Reply to
FSawin

Thanks Kevin, I like Anco too, will start googling... Frank Sawin

Reply to
FSawin

Okay, mission accomplished, found Anco winter blades on-line. Should be here in plenty of time. This winter I am ready. Thanks to all. Frank Sawin

Reply to
FSawin

Your local dealers, or the distributors they buy from, probably buy all their wiper blades in a batch, so as to save money. They get a limited number of short blades each time, because they are less popular. Running out of Jeep Wrangler blades isn't as big a deal as running out of a size that lots and lots of people use. Another explanation for the apparent shortage of Jeep wiper blades in stores near you, is that all those Jeeps you see driving around, have new blades. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Frank, After you've use the blades this winter could you get back to the board with your opinion? If it is a positive one could you also include the brand and the link? Thanks, Steve

Reply to
popeyeball

I would be interested in that also. I really hate when the wipers get loaded with snow and ice but haven't known anyone who used the winter wipers to ask and too cheap to buy them for the experiment.... .

Reply to
Billy Ray