Wiring Harness Help

If anyone can help, I need help figuring out the rear harness on my project Wrangler. The harness is on the inside left (drivers side, US) rear of the Jeep.

1987 Wrangler, 4.2L, 5spd, Factory hardtop with wiper, but not originally equipped with hardtop. One year old body tub, fenders, hood, and grill. I still don't have a working fuel gauge or working backup lights. New grounds from battery to body, frame, and engine. I can't find it in my Haynes anywhere. Test light is burned out, it'll have to wait for tomorrow to fix.

Harness colors are:

Light Brown-

Dark Blue-

Orange-

Dark Brown-

Dark Brown with White tracer-

Gray with White tracer-

Then there is a GM-style pigtail with:

Solid Pink-

Black with White Tracer-

Thanks in advance!

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I have the '87 YJ factory electrical trouble shooting manual. Shows all the wiring digrams as well as pinouts of all connectors. It is organized by function not by connector or cable so it's hard to figure out what cable you have. Are you asking for the function of each of those wires?

Looks like

Fuel sender

Run lights

????

RH Turn??

Backup

LH turn

Courtesy lamp

Ground for courtesy lamp

Reply to
RoyJ

Thanks RoyJ! Yes the function of each wire is what I needed. My hardtop has a rear wiper and a courtesy lamp. My fuel gauge is stuck on full, and my backup lamps don't work. Your help may get me where I need to be on troubleshooting it. I don't have the diagrams. Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

As far as I can tell, the '87 had an optional rear window defogger but not a wiper. Same wiring should work since they are both about the same wattage.

If you can figure out how to get an unmunged e-mail address, I'll give you a hand off l> Thanks RoyJ!

Reply to
RoyJ

Thanks! I'm on "long days" this week, I'll email you as soon as I get extra time.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to