Wrangler 4.0L Header Install

What is the best type of "shop" to go to for installation of a header? Muffler shop? 4 Wheel Drive type store? Transmission shop?

Also, any suggestions of which header to buy? The Borla always comes to mind but it is a bit expensive.

Reply to
nesta

In news:ySooc.17825$k24.3065@fed1read01, nesta from was injured because:

| What is the best type of "shop" to go to for installation of a | header? Muffler shop? 4 Wheel Drive type store? Transmission | shop? | | Also, any suggestions of which header to buy? The Borla | always comes to mind but it is a bit expensive.

Try the banks, or the borla, both highly recommended...I have the Banks, gid, some grinding required on install. Both can be had for about $400 on

Or, there are cute little el-cheapos on eBay.

Reply to
Joseph P

I just boght one of the stainless steel e-bay saturnight specials from a

I think he total price was $140 (included gaskets) and I had it 3 days later. the install was $280 from a local shop (C&C automotive n escondido, ca) It is sure alot heavier then the oem POS that came out (It was cracked in 4 places). I just hope it holds up..

Reply to
Joe

Yeah, I bought one and just installed it as well for the 4.0L engine from the same folks. Looks well made but just need to add O2 sensor fitting to it.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri