wrangler diesel coming soon?

Anyone know if a Wrangler diesel is coming any time soon? I have 2000 Cherokee and 2K Sahara... I don't want to buy another car unless it is a Jeep w/diesel ... (& I don't fancy the liberty).

Reply to
jbratton

Don't think so, (unless you are a military customer buying the TJL in which case you can apparently get a 2.8 CRD).

Reply to
Dave Milne

No, unfortunately or fortunately you will have to build one if you want one. There is no reason any of several extant engines can't be fitted in a YJ or TJ.

Reply to
calcerise

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

If they can sell the VM engine in the Libty they can sell it-or a 6 cylinder variant-in the TJ. Obviously.

We desperately need Euro II standards for onroad diesel fuel and we need it now. While I respect OOIDA I disagree with them on this issue. The price will go up four to six cents a gallon and the big operators will have to raise their rates. Operators of OLD engines with CAV or Roosa Master pumps or early PT Cumminses-the only engines that can't handle Euro II-will have to add oil or refit alternate pumps. And that's not a single linehaul engine on the road today.

Reply to
calcerise

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Your best bet would be to check and see if one is distributed in Europe or Australia and bringing it over here.

Nat Man

Reply to
Nat Man

Diesel powered polluters are more common in California than anywhere else-the REAL polluters: Class 8 trucks belching soot. Automotive diesels are far cleaner.

Reply to
calcerise

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Yeah...what did it do to you?

Reply to
calcerise

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, you have a point but this is more a question of what people can afford, than what is good or bad for them. When gasoline hits five dollars a quart, even the People's Republik of Kalifornia will be thinking of more permissive regulations related to diesel pleasure vehicles. People with MDs and Ph.D.s will be telling you that it is not bad for your bodies, and most people will be believing it. I know people who are allergic or hypersensitive to diesel and diesel fumes. I am glad not to be one of them.

They are selling "bio-diesel" here, but since I don't operate an over-the-road rig, farm or run a construction business, or have a small penis like the guys with diesel pickups, I haven't had any use for it yet. Early experiments with vegetable oil based fuel for tour buses in the national parks led to an unacceptable amount of attention from Yogi thinking, "Where are the fries?"

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill,

I have been reading with interest "House Joint Resolution 03-1033 Study" on the Colorado General Assembly home page at

Itdescribes how taxpayers in Colorado have the state by the short hairs withconstitutional provisions limiting growth in government spending, andmandating at the same time constant growth in the educational budget. Thisis the main reason the Colorado Clean Air Program is a complete joke, evenin counties where they have mandated testing. If you can't pay to enforce alaw, you might as well not have it. I am wandering off topic, but I pleadadvanced age and extreme glee at the fix our legislature is in. Coloradohas some of the best tax-limiting provisions in the country, but I am afraidthat the bleeding-heart liberals and conservatives too are going to screw itup any day now with an unneeded "fix". Much as I hate the idea of government, I was living in a motel this past January next to a couple of construction workers with one of those diesel pickups. For some reason, they had to "warm it up" for half an hour every morning, starting at 6:30. I'll bet they drove it a whole five miles to work, too. I would have given anything for restrictive pollution controls to make it impossible to even own those things.

I learned from my organic chemistry class that any organic compound can be converted into any other organic compound. It is just a matter of energy and cleverness. Sooner or later, we will have GMO bacteria or nuclear plants converting our sewage into high octane fuel, ready for the tank.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, I can't really blame anyone else much until CA gets serious and builds a refinery to support their own habit - and the off-shore potential off Santa Barbara would go a long way toward helping the left coast "problem".

We probably th> Hi Earle,

Reply to
Will Honea