Wrangler Rack

I'm looking for suggestions / comments on racks for my '04 Wrangler. I'd use it mainly for hauling my whitewater kayaks.

I like the looks of the Smittybilt Rock Crawler rack (there appears to be a Rugged Ridge rack that is identical) and the Bestop rack.

Any feedback, especially from owners of the Smittybilt or Bestop racks, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BD

Reply to
Davenport

Never buy anything from 'Steel horse' or 'Smitty built'. It is complete garbage. I had a Kargo Master Safari rack on a 99TJ that was very sturdy. I was able to walk on it without worrying. It had two hinges in the rear so I could flip the rack back to load lightweight items or to remove it easily.

HTH

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Carl:

I looked at the Kargo Master but thought the way the rear supports attach behind the tail lamps looked like it wouldn't be very sturdy. Do you have any comments relating to that specifically?

Thanks,

BD

Reply to
Davenport

It didn't seem to be weak point on my rack. I did not install it as it came with the TJ, but I do not recall it seeming weak when I was looking at it.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S