Wrangler Suspension Lifts

I'd appreciate opinions and/or experience with Wrangler or Cherokee lift suspensions from the perspective of ride quality. I've had a 4" lift made by Explorer Pro Comp on my '93 Wrangler for about 10 years now and the ride has always been so harsh, I'm tired of bouncing down the trails like a basketball. I'm leaning towards a 3.5 to 4" Skyjacker Softride kit. Anybody have opinions on other kits that provide a decent ride quality?

Steve

Reply to
tundra

SOA.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Can't tell you what's good, but very dissapointed in my daughter's BDS 4", very harsh ride and no articulation.

Reply to
Greg

Rubicon Express also gets a good writeup.

Dave Milne

I have a Skyjacker Softride 4" lift in my YJ and I'm very happy. The 4" lift is a recent upgrade for a Skyjacker 2.5 system. I have had Skyjacker suspensions in my Jeep since new. My 91 Wrangler just turned 250,000 miles and I have never had a problem with the suspension. Over rocks, sand and daily driver highway, my Skyjacker systems have provided me with a very quality ride compared to stock and compared to friends of mine who use Rancho products. I must also say that Skyjacker customer service is super. I bent a front spring on the trail. I phoned Skyjacker and they had me measure my Jeep and they made a matching front spring for me. Sent it right off within a week. Super folks. Go with Skyjacker.

Scott

Reply to
reconair

The Rubicon Express 4.5 Extreme Duty lift is awesome. The articulation is great and the ride is as good as, if not better than, stock. I have been running it on my 94 YJ for over 4 years now and have no complaints.

Matt B.

94 YJ, 91 XJ
Reply to
mwbarker

The Rubicon Express 4.5 Extreme Duty lift is awesome. The articulation is great and the ride is as good as, if not better than, stock. I have been running it on my 94 YJ for over 4 years now and have no complaints.

Matt B.

94 YJ, 91 XJ
Reply to
Matt B.

I would Highly recommend a Alumi-flex suspension lift. not only does it keep a great ride, but all the components are guaranteed against bending plus their long arm kit is a 100 lbs less than any other. Not very well known yet, but they are on the verge of exploding into the competition world.

Larry

Reply to
extremetj