Wrangler Winter Wiper Blades

OK, I give up... Who sells winter wiper blades for a 2003 Wrangler? Thanks. Frank Sawin

Reply to
Frank Sawin

Anybody that sells them for a 2002 Wrangler should have them for a 2003. They are the same.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Ok... So who sells winter wiper blades for a 2002 Wrangler?

Reply to
Frank Sawin

I have used Anco winter wiper blades with good success. The correct size is

13" and the part number is: 30-13. I think they cost about $6.99 in the northeast Ohio area.

Trico also makes a good winter blade, part number 37131. You should be able to purchase either Anco or Trico at most auto parts stores. Trico's are available online at:

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Thanks Tom, I am on a mission to find them, bad storm last night in Boston area, lots of snow and ice, wipers just kept loading up. Had to crawl home on route 95, did not dare to stop to fox wipers, some chimp would rear end us...

Reply to
Frank Sawin

NAPA has them for just about everything.

Chris

Been there, done that!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

AutoZone, Kragen, Pep Boys, Napa, Big A. I was not aware that they were hard to find. I found wiper arms for your Jeep on the 'net. They are not a stock item though, and you will need to order them.

The blades though, that is something you walk in and get - assuming everybody else hasn't gotten there before you.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That storm made National News, there is no such thing as a wiper that wil not load up under those conditions.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

As Jeff pointed out, there are some storms that will defeat any wiper blade. I've lived in Minnesota most of my life and have found 'winter' blades to be only marginally more effective than regular blades.

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Yes, but winter blades do help a lot.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I get mine at CarQuest. '02, '03, '04 are all the same blade. Tom T

Reply to
Tom T

Winter Wiper Blades? YouzGuyz are pulling my string right? Ya think I need tham down here in Sunny Florida?

L8r - George

Reply to
Jersey

George, you guys need hurricane blades or storm shutters... Frank Sawin

Reply to
Frank Sawin

I have called around the Boston area, no one has the winter blades for a Wrangler. Most tell me there is no such thing as a 13" blade. I was hoping to just order them on line. Until them I will continue to load the windshield washer with napalm. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Frank Sawin

Reply to
Frank Sawin

I guess being half a gorilla comes in handy for me. I can roll down the window and reach out to give the wiper blade a lift and snap at the end of it's travel knocking most of the ice off while still driving along. I can reach it in both of my Jeeps. This makes trying to find a place to pull over not quite so urgent.

Mike

Frank Saw>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Yes Mike, I am familiar with this procedure and being part chimp I was able to do it a great number of times but with short term success. There's got to be a better way, I had hoped winter blades was it. Frank Sawin

Reply to
Frank Sawin

They do help. I sure would like some for mine but have a almost impossible time getting regular wipers, let alone the covered ones. I have one blade held on with a plastic zip tie right now...

I can get universal refills to cut to size, but no blades.

Mike

Frank Saw>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Frank Sawin did pass the time by typing:

Odd as this may seem, I wax and polish the glass. Keeps the ice from sticking. Try it in a corner that won't bother you and see if it helps.

Reply to
DougW

These are the ones. (they're actually named "Winter Blade")

I got mine, in stock, from Advance Auto Parts. That is a 13" blade. The rear wiper (with the factory hard-top) is a 16". My TJ is an '05, but I rather doubt there's any change in the wiper blade size. In fact, the guy at the counter double-checked by looking up an '04 because their computer didn't list the '05 yet.

I don't think the Anco's are in stock here. That doesn't really mean much, though, other than I chose the Trico because they are.

My experience with winter blades is that the key benefit is the rubber wrapper around the joints. It prevents ice build-up that causes the blade to not form to the curves of the window. Supposedly the blade is silcone or teflon coated or something, but I don't really care about the rest of the details. In the past I used the WinterBlade in the winter and a double-blade wiper in the summer with good experiences. The day I picked up my '05 TJ I went to the store and replaced the wipers with winter blades. I saved the factory blades to put back on in the spring.

If you want to send me PayPal or a personal check, I'm willing to pick up a set of winter blades here and ship them to you at-cost. You ought to be able to find them at a local parts store, though.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson