Wrangler wobble

I bought a new Wrangler. Must I live with the front end wobble forever? Is there a cure? (I assume not as this Jeep has only 2000 miles on it and wobbles sufficiently enough to be bothersome. No, Not hitting pot holes either.) Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
baldeeagle1

baldeeagle1

Did it wobble before?

Did you get the correct backspacing?

Have you checked for defective tires?

Reply to
billy ray

Does the wobble occur during a certain range of speed?... could be tire or wheel.

I suggest you switch front tires/wheels with the rear set and test drive it.

Ralph

God exists, or God does not exist, or I am God and I am dreaming all this.

Reply to
Ralph DL

Reply to
baldeeagle1

Reply to
baldeeagle1

Reply to
baldeeagle1

If the back spacing is changed it changes the 'wheel centerline' in relation to the axle hub which will affect the other suspension and handling characteristics.

All that the rim retailer cares about is that your check clears the bank.

You know the answer now..... you had no wobble before the new tires and rims so the problem is either the tires, the rims, or a combination of the two.

If you still have your old tires you can remount them on the new rim, this might tell you if the tires are defective

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Reply to
billy ray

I would be jacking up each corner and hand rotate the tires to see if one is out of round or has a belt bad so is S shaped.

Mike

Mike Romain

Welcome back Mike!

He claims he had the tires inspected...

Reply to
billy ray

Marginal caster is also a possibility. OK with stock tires, feels too loose with the big ones.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

was there any lift involved with this tire/wheel swap? if so, it may be driveline vibrations you are experiencing.

do the "wobbles" occur at any particular range of speed?

brad

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
bschwarz6