XJ lift opinion? OME coils with RS9000X shocks?

Hi all:

I am about to lift my 91 XJ 4.0 and I am looking for some opinions:

Old Man Emu front coils: I was planning on using OME XJ heavy duty 3" coils. I will be adding a heavy front winch bumper and winch soon, so I was told that it might be a better idea to use the OME ZJ coils instead as they would provide a little extra lift and a slightly heavier spring rate. Anyone try this?

Rancho RS9000X shocks: Anyone have these on their XJ? Rancho lists a longer front shock, but only a single shock for the rear for both lifted and stock Cherokees. What does everyone use? Bar pin eliminators and a different model?

The rear will be 4" springs (not AALs).

Thanks Cliff

Reply to
thebigreddog

The winch bumper and winch may make those cushy ome springs sag a bit. The ZJ coils will put you up higher, but I like the adjustability of ACOS. Consider some ACOS for the front so you can dial in the height you need. the acos gives you 1.5 of lift but with the winch bumper and winch you should line up nice with the rear 4" leaf pack. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego