XJ stock spring rates

Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing my stock XJ rear spring packs. They are saggy, (of course) and I want to fit 31's anyway. Question: Does anybody know what the spring rate is for stock '99 XJ rear springs? I do not have the upcountry package.

Thanks, RAC

Reply to
RAC

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Thanks Bill,

But I actually wanted the stock spring rates, not lift vs tire size. I want to be able to compare the new springs to the stockers in terms of load carrying and ride quality. I'm looking at a set of OME springs. They are rated at 148 lbs/in. But I have no idea what the stock springs are rated at, so it's hard to evaluate in relative terms.

RAC

RAC

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

How would he possible know the actual weight of his girlfriend?

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Perhaps we could apply the Jeep speedometer/odometer error adjustment constant.

Reply to
billy ray