XJ tire: Michelin LTX-AT or BFG TA KO?

Subject line pretty much sums it up. I'm getting ready to lift the XJ 3.5 inches but it still is my daily driver, so I need something with decent highway manners also. It presently has the michelin tire in a 30x9.50 and they've been a great set for around 60,000 miles. I'm upgrading to a

31x10.5 in the near future and need opinions. Right now I'm leaning toward the michelin unless someone convinces me otherwise

Thanks

Jim

94XJ
Reply to
Jim Kelly

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Wildman

OK, without a doubt the BFG KO tire is the best overall choice. Ask anyone who has had them. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
twaldron

I love the Michelins, but I just use my XJ as a daily driver and I need good winter traction as I drive over the CO mountain passes a couple times a month in the winter. I occasionally go off-road for camping, but we're talking gravel or dirt roads, so off-road traction isn't very important to me. If this vehicle is going to be off-roaded quite a bit, I would say the BFG's would be the way to go.

My CJ on the other hand runs 35" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's, and I have been happy with them so far. This is strictly for off-roading.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

I have the new Dueler AT Revo mentioned in the survey and there great for rain and snow

JD

2K-TJ Mpls

Reply to
JD

Well, it looks like Bridgestone has overtaken BFG as top tire. Anyone have any experience with both tires?

I bet Ferrari would give you an argument on that :-)

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

Reply to
Dave Milne

I'll bet some Frod Exploder owners would, too.

Reply to
TJim

Gimme a break. The BFG is proven off road. The Bridgestone gets the groceries. Each does its task well. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I like the Yokohama A520 for grocery getting - an excellent tyre and cheap. There is probably a later model out now though..

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > > Dave Milne, Scotland : > > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : > >

: > >

: >

: >

: :