YJ dash problem

I am trying to remove the dash bezels from my 88 YJ. I can get the driver side and middle out easily, but the passenger side only has 3 screws on the top. After removing these it still seems "bolted" on. So removed the glovebox door...still no-go. The repair manual only shows the top 3 screws.

Am I "screwed" or has anyone sucessfully done this without descructive dissemably?

Thanks,

Adam

Reply to
adam

Ohh...for those curious...here is a photo of a YJ dash...I am having problems with the glovebox-grab bar peice..

adam

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

If I was planning on taking the top part of the dash..this would make sense, but I only need to remove the glove box., which is well below. In the manual they have only listed 3 screws, so maybe there are "pins"...I guess I should just pull harder and see. I was trying to take it slow...but when that fails...brute force.

forward:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Reply to
adam

BFH?

forward:

> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O>> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>>

Reply to
djdave

Funny...I did crack a small peice...so I stopped there and thought I should do some more homework. FOUND IT!!!

Thanks for the tuffy people I now know there are four nuts, bolting it onto the dash frame....

Ok, this is one of the most difficult jeep repairs I have ever done...sure I didn't get greasy, but I woudl much rather change my T-case oil or ..

thanks,

adam