YJ seats???

I am new to Jeep and need some help on some things. First of all, will late 90's TJ front seatsf it into my 94 YJ on the existing brackets? Also, I seem to get conflicting answers about the front seats of my YJ. Some say none had retractable seat backs and some say all did. Not even my local Jeep dealer can answer that (which I find totally ridiculous) Please help! I am guessing some did and some don't. Thanks :)

Reply to
tina.knowlan

Mine has retractable seat backs. It's a '95. It was a Model "S" with the four cylinder engine but some goodies like a hard top, radio cassette player, tilt steering and the seats. I put some Bestop seat covers from

in it last year, and they work great. I expect that I will get another ten years or so out of the seats, because the only thing really wrong was that the vinyl was beginning to crack. I use it a lot in the summer with the top off too.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

My 89 base model had fold forward seat mount brackets. I seem to recall both sides folding forward. Not the seat folding forward, but the bracket below the seat. Lots of room for access. IIRC, my 99 TJ Sport only had the passenger seat with this feature.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

On the '95 Model "S" that I have the passenger's seat mounting bracket folds forward, but the driver's side does not. If you want to load stuff through the driver's side, you have to slide the seat forward and fold the seat back down. I don't think you could get a passenger in that side without some lubricant.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

They will work . You may have to make a new bracket but they will fit. My 87 Yj's seats where trashed . So i made some brackets out of flat steel and grade 8 bolts and mounted a set i had out of a CJ5 i picked up out of a guy's yard. They are getting shot so I've been have ass looking for some new one's Not bad on short trips but any thing over an hour and back and butt feel it.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Reply to
tina.knowlan

You should be testing them out....

I for one cannot fit into the early TJ seats. The backs are made for small people and I am 6'4".

To change the position of the back of my CJ seats, all I would need would be a few washers under the back two mounting bolts. This would change the seat bottom too though.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Oh thanks.. somehow I missed this post (did not referesh). Do you
Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
tinak

The steering column should be a standard 'Saganaw' column. These are used in full sized GM vehicles and some small mid size like Acadians or Chevettes. Camaros used them too. A full sized GM van or pickup also.

By the by my 5'2" wife likes to use a obusform seat back because it moves her just that little forward so she can reach easier.

You could also maybe reposition the seat on the track to get it a bit more forward.

Mike

t> AHh. the TJ seat are smaller. Which is PERFECT for me. My problem I'm

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mine came with tilt steering. It looks a lot like the tilt steering in my Suburban.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I am not sure.You could alway's try and move the holes forward to mount the seat.A little measureing and drilling.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers