Yokohama geolander M/T

What do you think about that tire. I know they are very good for mud but I need tire for winter, deep snow in forest. Any experience?

Reply to
Mladen

Steve

You won't find a tire that will excel in both very deep snow and also ice/ packed snow. The criteria are very different. The mud tire will work better in deep snow since it can dig down to (hopefully) find traction. The snow tire will just pack up, spin and sink in.

On the road, the snow tire will work much better due to the winter rubber compostion and many sipes. The mud tire will hydroplane on a layer of water under those chunky blocks.

My suggestion is use a good winter tire like the Geolander I/T+ and chain up both axles for the really deep stuff. I have the I/T+s and they are terrific tires. They suck BIG time in mud ;( So they have to come off as soon as the spring thaw starts.

It's better to be safe on the highway because of the traffic and high speeds, and have to chain up for deep snow, than the other way around.

If you are determined to use one tire year round, look for lots of _multi-directional_ siping in addition to those big lugs. One look at the Geolander M/T tread will tell you it is not a snow tire:

John Davies

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

thanks on your advices!

Reply to