ZJ gas mileage expectations

I am considering a '95 Grand qith the 5.2 in it. it has the full time case (can't remember which to call it, but not the select trac... it has just 4h and 4l full time settings) and obviously an automatic. I don't know what gears are in it, 235/75 tires. Part of my consideration is, of course, gas economy. Will it be anything close to the 22ish I get with my XJ?

Thanks Matt

Reply to
M Warren

The transfer case is an NP249, and if bone stock and in decent tune you'll get mid-high teens depending on conditions and type of driving.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
SBlackfoot

I have friends with Grands, and that's about what they get (14-16 mpg mixed use).

But what's with XJ's getting 22"ish" mpg?!? My 95 XJ gets 14mpg city on a *good* day and 19 on long highway trips :(

Anyway, if "gas economy" is a consideration, Jeep doesn't supply an solution ;-)

95 XJ I6 Auto 4x4 (Soon to have a 4.5" lift..yea!)

noneofyourbusiness

My '93 ZJ with the same engine and Quadra-Trac full-time 4-wheel drive, gives 13 to 14 around town, and 21 to 22 on the highway. That's driving up to 75 mph. It still has

Reply to
Dick

I used to get 13 or so with my one ton extended van with the same engine and several hundred pounds of tools in it; I was hoping this might do better than mid to high teens. Fuel consumption is always a concern for me these days, so don't want to go backwards. If I drive without concern my jeep gets 21... I can get 25 or more with just a little care. It is, however, a five speed.

Matt

Reply to
M Warren