02 Kia Rio Cinco warm restart problem.

I'll be calling my local Kia dealer tomorrow if I get time at work, but I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with a 02 Rio not wanting to start after being turned off? Today coming home from work I stopped for some gas and after I paid my Kia wouldn't start. I turned off the radio and fan, still wouldn't start. Double checked the gas cap even though the worst a loose cap should do is throw a code. The check engine dummy light would come on when I tried to start it. After about 3 or 4 minutes it finally cranked like normal and had no problems getting home. So after I parked I tried to start it again and it wouldn't start up!

My kia has about 43,500 miles on it and is about 2500 miles into the current oil. This is the first problem I've had with the car since I bought it with 17,500 miles on it in the fall of 02.

Guess this means I've got an excuse to drive my gas guzzling Z28 for a couple of days ;)

Reply to
Alan Geoffrion

If the engine would not crank when the starting issue occurred, I'd suspect a loose starter connection either at the solenoid or the main terminal.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Hi there.

When you went for gas, did you left the key in the contact?

Kees van vliet

Reply to
[Q4O]Gizmo