03 Kia Sorrento Maintenance

Wondering if anyone knows if there is a Haynes Maintenance manual out for the

2003 Kia Sorrento? I wanted to perform some routine maintenance on it, such as changing the oil but I cannot find the filter or oil pan. Should be a simple task to find it but have been unable to.

Thank you

Reply to
rj18rad

First you have to remove the front skid plate in order to see the filter and oil pan. Yes, even the two wheel drive Sorento's have skid plates. There are 5 bolts, and I think they are 14mm heads. Oil filters are available at your local auto parts shop (I use Purolator Pure-One filters from Advance Auto Parts). The oil drain plug is a 17mm head. Your truck will take

4.5qts of oil, and I use Mobil-1 10w-30.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

2003 Kia Sorrento? I wanted to perform some routine maintenance on it, such as changing the oil but I cannot find the filter or oil pan. Should be a simple task to find it but have been unable to.

I don't think you will find a Haynes Manual for the Sorento for a few more years. There are two "2" (skid plates) One plastic the other metal one covers the filter the other the oil drain plug. I would stick with the Kia filter it has a check valve to keep some oil for startup. And yes use Mobil 1 10/30 unless your living where it's -60 F (-51 C ) DK

Reply to
Dave Kind

Thank you for the info, really appreciate it. Thought I might have to take the skid plate off but just wanted to check before doing it. Since this is the first non-domestic auto we've owned, and didn't want to end up taking that off and having the pan and filter be in some "unique" location. What about using Amzoil? Have read some good reviews on that oil.

Reply to
rj18rad

Amzoil makes some very big claims about their product but nothing that has any bearing on whatever type of service a consumer will give this type of vehicle. Save yourself time and money and lessen the inconvenience and go with Mobil-1. You can find it anywhere at a reasonable price and you will never give your Sorento even remotely any type of abuse that will come anywhere close to Mobil-1's limits.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

That is one thing I did notice about Amzoil, the price tag on it. Quite a bit more than I am willing to spend. I'll give Mobil-1 a try. Is it a good idea to flush the engine before putting it in, since I'm not sure if the original owner was using synthetic? I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,

Rick

Reply to
rj18rad

more than I am willing to spend. I'll give Mobil-1 a try. Is it a good idea to flush the engine before putting it in, since I'm not sure if the original owner was using synthetic? I appreciate the assistance.

Mobil does not recomend any flushing. Just drain out the old junk and start using Mobil 1. dk

Reply to
Dave Kind

Thanks guys for all the assistance. Appreciate it. Take care.

Reply to
rj18rad