03 Sedona remote access question

Does anyone know how many times a remote access key fob can be programmed? I had work done in 2003 on my 03 Kia Sedona and since that time my key fob doesn't work. In fact it didn't work when I tried it after I picked up the keys at the dealership.

I took it back to the dealer and they were able to get one fob to work, but other never worked. I moved my service to a Kia dealer in Williamburg, VA and told them about it and one time while I was getting the oil changed they tried to reprogram it, but I forgot at the time they needed both fobs to program it.

Each time after that when I would take the van for routine service, I would forget to bring them both in to get reprogrammed. I finally remembered to bring in this time and the dealer claims that they can only be reprogrammed three times and they can't do it.

I can understand if the frequency range for the remotes only have three different options (I work in wireless communictaion and spectrum management for the USAF so I kind of understand these things), but wouldn't this be covered under the warrentee?

My wife picked up the car today and was told this, but before I try and take it up with the dealer I figured I would at least find out if what they were telling me was true.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Cox Mail