'04 Sedona Fan - Noisy

Out of nowhere, my '04 Sedona has started making a HUGE hum, especially on the two higher speeds.

My first inclination was the fan motor itself going bad, but there is virtually no air coming through the front vents. That tells me blockage.

Nothing obvious at the base of the windshield.

Anybody know how to get inside of the air system of this van, check it out, and if necessary, clean it out?

Thanx in advance.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Tom ~ Perhaps a vacuum hose slipped off/cracked thereby preventing the duct doors from opening?

Or... that $50 bill you lost actually got sucked into the intake vent & caused the blockage? (yes, wishful thinking)

Then again, you said a "HUGE hum". Is the fan motor turning? Or locked - trying to turn thereby causing the huge hum (which you would think would trip the breaker)?

If you don't get it sorted by Friday morning, I have a standing appointment for an LOF at my local garage who has a mechanic pretty familiar with KIA products and I can ask.

Rich

2002 Optima SE V6 110,000 miles & running strong
Reply to
<z

My '03 Sedona fan also is loud in the higher speeds. It sounds like it's working against a stoppage. I looked to see if it had a cabin filter but couldn't find one or even mention of one so I ruled that out. I get airflow but it's just noisy like a vacuum cleaner when the filter's clogged (which my wife never seems to recognize as a problem!!!!).......

Reply to
631grant

Follow up: after suspecting a blockage of some kind, I ran the car to a manual car wash to clean it up. While there, I flooded the air intake at the base of the windshield on the driver's side with the power washer (and from both sides of the vehicled).

Whatever it was, it worked. The fan started running normally again, and has not given me a problem since.

Thanx for your feedback. And to the person who talked about the cabin filter, that is a true Kia annoyance, since every Kia lists that as part of your maintenance in your maintenance guide, but apparently few actually have them.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt