04 Sorrento: Crankshaft pulley FALLS OFF

Wife wuz drivin from PA. 1/2 way through, looses power steering, generator, brake power assist. Manages to finish the journey. I pop the trunk, take a quick look. Big @ss pulley seemed to just fall off it's axis and naturally, the generator and I'd imagine the pumps that provide power assists for steering and braking, were not driven. The view was obstructed by radiator, but still it looked bad nuff.

Evacuated thing to dealer, got it back 2 weeks later: crankshaft pulley, sprocket, bolt were all replaced. Didn't cost me a penny, but still whatta pain in the butt ! Not sure if there was an advisory on it. They wont be able to check on it w/o removing radiator.

Reply to
Rashid

==== Look at the below Sorento sites for lots of Info.

Shines