1998 kia sephia

I have an automatic 1998 kia sephia. Whenever I start the car and put it into drive, or accelerate from a stop, it seems to be starting in

2nd gear. If I shift into first gear it has no problem going. Someone told me that i might need to change the transmission filter and i have been trying to find out how to do that myself by internet. I read somewhere that you can't change the transmission filter on a 1998 kia sephia, and now i'm really confused. What should i do? How do i do it? Would i be better off taking it to a garage?
Reply to
caribbean kia