1998 Sportage keyless entry?

I recently purchased a 1998 Kia Sportage. Is there an easy way to determine if this is equipped to use a keyless entry remote control? No remote came with it, so I really have no clue right now.

Reply to
Chris Davis

Not sure about your 98 - - however on a 2001 the dealer added keyless entry module is located under the centre console. You should be able to reach it from the drivers side by reaching in and reward from the front near the gas pedal. On our vehicle the module is loose and connected to a wiring harness that contains a small pushbutton switch. Not sure what the switch is for, perhaps something to do with the remote.

Reply to
Bill Dwyne