2000 kia sephia valve guides

Ok...I bought this car to get me from point a to point b...it has ran good but now it wants to stall at lights and this nice cloud of white smoke follows me each time this happens. Mechaninc mentioned the valve guides being bad and then said to think about a new engine. Anyone have some information?

Reply to
larry-txs

I have recently had this problem and found out that it is the mass air flow sensor.

Reply to
dardenjoy

White smoke is burning coolant(i.e., probably a blown head gasket). Oil consumption would cause blue smoke.

In any case, a rebuilt engine might be the best way to go if it has a lot of miles on it.

Chris

Reply to
halatos2000