2000 Kia Sportage Power Steering Belt Replacement

My daughter has a 2000 Kia Sportage, and the power steering belt broke. She has a new one, but we would like to replace it ourselves if at all possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
shelley4840

Do you, as a parts reseller, have access to the official KIA repair manual as the dealerships would use? With no Helm's manual available for my KIA, I'm having to put the pieces together from KIA's god awful "technical" resources. They're as definitive as swingset assembly instructions. Do the dealer mechanics really get by on that crap or is there a "real" manual out there?

Reply to
Heat Sink

Holy shit, this must be Area 51 Information. I now must go into hiding. But before I do: NEVER ASK ABOUT THE KIA REPAIR MANUAL, NEVER. Its scientology type stuff, protected by those guy in the cheesy sunglasses driving the black Crown Vic.

Reply to
Heat Sink

I guess you didn't see the part that the manual is built into the vehicle. It is availble only by mind transfer. You place your LEFT, and only your left hand (must be clean) 9 inches from the left headlight, 4 inches above the fender. Force air into your lungs and hold it, till your face turns warm and red, and you will see a vision. Expand that vision, and you will see the manual. Ignor the music you might hear, harps etc. You are on the verge of the promised land. Do not attempt a print out by eating sheets of paper, only works on certin types of rice paper, using acid reflux for ink. If you have a Vulcan liniage, bypass steps 2 and 3.

Reply to
helix