2000 Sportage Spark Plugs

Greetings,

My father loaned us his 2000 Kia Sportage while my wife's '03 Sorento is in the shop after an accident. I promised my dad that I would replace his spark plugs while we had his truck but I can see no easy way to gain access to replace them.

Can someone please outline for me the steps required to find and remove the spark plugs. It has the 2.0L 4-cylinder.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Can't comment on the Sportage, but on the Spectra, there is a cover covering both the Plugs, and the Coils.

The cover on the top of the motor is removed with a screwdriver, then you can get access to the plugs.

I'd blow any possible dirt down inside with compressed air first, then you'll need the proper fitting spark plug socket, ratchet, and extension. Without a spark pkug socket with internal rubber ring, you won't be able to extract the plugs. Before installing, check the gap, and I'd stay with the exact same plugs, which are probably NGK Brand. Mark

Reply to
Mark D

G'day! throttle body has to come off first...10" wobble extension with a 12mm socket will get the back one loose easily..2 6mm bolts hold it to the valve cover..one holds the resonance chamber to a bracket at the rear of the valve cover..2 spring clamps for the air bybass hoses..and unplug the idle air control valve.. careful you don't bend the gasket for the throttle-body..6

Reply to
mike and debbie

just take the cover off 4 bolts and wola their are the plugs.. use care when you remove the coil packs as to not crack them.Easy job

Reply to
Tom